Training contents will entail: Duties and responsibilities, cultural values and knowledge, patrolling, searching, Intel gathering, dealing with emergencies, H&S, legislation and policies, crime scene presentation and dealing with evidence, community relations, communication and reporting skills, avoiding conflict and reducing risk, (role plays and scenarios), physical fitness, post incident considerations and learning from conflict, assignment to security duties, appearance, attitude and conduct, use of communication equipment, basic reporting and verbal communications, procedures to be used to notify the Police of criminal activity or emergency, Control Room Operations.
Ekiti State Security Network Agency (AMOTEKUN) is inclined towards building men with adequate information and training on a wide range of security operations. To achieve this, Ekiti State Security Network Agency (AMOTEKUN) had included in her initial basic training various subjects which are designed to run for a period of 4 weeks. Refresher courses and other security related workshop are designed for the employee of the company. The programme for the basic training is as follows:
- Physical fitness: This is intended to build the physical and mental fitness of our operatives. This is achieved through careful selection of trainees considering their medical/health conditions, height and agility. They are subjected to physical exercises for body building and alertness.
- Unarmed combat: Unarmed Combat programme is designed to inculcate the basic requirements for self-defense in our trainees if and when attacked. Professionals in martial arts and close quarter battle are employed to take this lesson.
- Drill: Drill in designed to teach our operatives how to be smartly turned out, at all times, how to March, salute, give, receive and carry out orders smartly, promptly and concisely. It is to basically instil discipline on our staff.
- Patrol & security: Foot and vehicle patrol techniques are taught in this segment. These include; the process, conduct and formation required to cover area of assignment and responsibility.
- Communication skill: Communication is a vital medium of interaction. Since security operatives are bound to interact with various categories of people e.g their colleagues, the client (the person they are directly rendering service to) there superiors (officers) and the friendly and unfriendly visitors/Intruders. Interpersonal communication is taught in order to equip our operators with the relevant skills.
- Radio communication: Basic voice procedure on radio such as high frequency radio communication set are taught for prompt passage of orders, report, information and emergency calls, between themselves, the office and the client.
- Investigation and interrogation: Modern methods of investigation and interrogation techniques are designed for our operatives, to enable them handle some levels of investigation when required.
- Power of arrest: Power of arrest is designed to enable our operatives to knw who can make arrest, how and when.
- Security techniques: In this lesson, the use of available resources and ability to improvise are being taught. Most importantly, the use of the mind, intuition, senses, experience, anticipation and premonition to achieve highy level of security.
- Report writing: Record keeping is highly essential, therefore our operatives are being trained on how to write various security reports, documentation of way bills, movement records of personnel and visitors etc.
- Fire fighting: Fire destroys business, causes losses to lives and property. Therefore, to forestall this, our operatives are being trained on how to recognize what cause ls fire outbreaks, the drill to carry out in controlling and putting out the fire. Also, how to recognize various fire symbols.
- First aids: In case of accidents while on duty, out operatives are being trained how to assess the victim, administer first line medical treatment and onward evacuation to the nearest health center where necessary.
- Code of conducts: In order to conform the rules and regulations of our establishment and that of clients, our operatives are being taught on etiquettes as it is applicable to our establishment and that of our clients, in order to ensure smooth relationship and cooperation.
- Intelligence Gathering and Processing Method
- Roles of Traditional & Religious Leaders in Enhancing Grass Roots Security.